Learn basic hacking techniques, how to think like a hacker, and how to gain respect in order to crack your way into the complex world of hacking..
- Run Unix : Unix is the operating system of the Internet. While you can learn to use the Internet without knowing Unix, you can’t be an Internet hacker without understanding Unix. For this reason, the hacker culture today is pretty strongly Unix-centered. A Unix like Linux can run alongside Microsoft Windows on the same machine.
- White HTML : If you don’t know how to program, learning basic HyperText Mark-Up Language (HTML) and gradually building proficiency is essential. What you see when you look at a website of pictures, images, and design components is all coded using HTML.
- Learn the Language of Programming : Before you start writing poems you have to learn basic grammar. Before you break the rules you have to learn the rules. But if your ultimate goal is to become a hacker, you’re going to need more than basic English to write your masterpiece
2. HACKING ATTRIBUTES
- Think Creatively : Now that you’ve got the basic skills in place, you can start thinking artistically. Hackers are like artists, philosophers, and engineers all rolled up into one. They believe in freedom and mutual responsibility. The world is full of fascinating problems waiting to be solved. Hackers take a special delight in solving problems, sharpening their skills, and exercising their intelligence.
- Love solving problems : No problem should ever have to be solved twice. Think of it as a community in which the time of everyone is hackers is precious. Hackers believe sharing information is a moral responsibility. When you solve problems, make the information public to help everyone solve the same issue.
- Learn to recognize and fight authority : The enemy of the hacker is boredom, drudgery, and authoritarian figures who use censorship and secrecy to strangle the freedom of information. Monotonous work keeps the hacker from hacking.
- Be competent : Anyone who spends time on Reddit can write up a ridiculous cyberpunk user name and pose as a hacker. But the Internet is a great equalizer, and values competence over ego and posture.
Degree type: BH(Hons)
Duration: 3 years (full-time) or 2.6 years (accelerated)
Why choose this course?
You can opt to complete an Honours degree in three years – refer to the tab on this page for more details
You will study the latest security flaws and how to counteract them
At each stage of the course, a project gives the student a chance to develop an area of expertise
The modern computing world faces ever-changing security challenges. Hacker tactics, security vulnerabilities, advancing business practices and computing technologies are all evolving rapidly. Professionals with a broad-based expertise, solid pragmatic skills and an ability to “think-outside-the-box” are best placed to solve these security challenges.
The BH in Ethical Hacking aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills required to understand the mechanics behind hacking attacks and develop appropriate countermeasures. In addition to this, you will gain the necessary background knowledge and technical skills to undertake security audit testing on computer networks and systems.